Main function: To achieve a perfect tuft-lock of tufted carpets and to ensure that the individual fibres are bound to one another in order to prevent the carpet from pilling. Exact penetration depth when operating with needle felt.
- By means of the rotating top roller the latex compound is squeezed into the fibres under pressure. Consequently, the bond between the individual fibres and between the fibres and the primary backing is improved. This method results in a measurable improvement of the carpet quality together with a possible reduction of the rate of pre-coating in the area of 5-30% – depending on the type of carpet. “Floating” roller with infinitely adjustable load on the carpet. The load is monitored and controlled continuously. The load or gap can be set separately at the left or right side. Therefore, the latex compound can be applied evenly subject to an uneven carpet thickness across the width.
- Possibility of pre-programming parameters for each carpet quality.
- Individual selvedge alignment of the edge limit posts following the primary backing selvedge (not the tufting selvedge).
- Automatic monitoring of the size of the foam bank and subsequent correction of the foam volume.
- Possibility of communication with a CAMPEN mixer from the monitor of the PRESSNIP unit – or vice versa.