The unit is designed for a horizontal material through-pass with two-sided foam application.
- Framework of sectional steel.
- Traversing, double foam distributing nozzle system, pneumatically driven.
Adjustable speed as well as adjustable limit switches to set the application width in relation to the material width.
- Manually adjustable edge limit posts made of polycarbonate.
- Coating head consisting of two driven, jacket-cooled rollers made of stainless steel, ground and hard-chromium-plated.
Linear pressure: 10 kN/m.
Diameter approx. 450 mm with an accuracy better than 5/100 mm.
Both rollers have a smooth surface to give a better penetration of the binder.
- One roller is fixed, and the other is movable by means of two pneumatic cylinders, diameter 160 mm.
By means of a handwheel and a micrometer it is possible to adjust the gap within very fine tolerances.
Readout in 1/10 mm.
Max. gap width: 50 mm.
- Oscillating scraper blade system for cleaning the roller surface.
- Two trays of stainless steel underneath the foam applicator including hose connection for recycling of the liquid.
- Underneath the two coating rollers a movable, stainless steel roller is mounted to adjust the contact angle.